Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Ace of Hearts

Mrs. Cozzie assigned an in-class grab bag for our final project. We chose names from a hat and I got my friend Quinn. I talked to my friend and found out she loves Flaming Hot Cheetos and Skittles, so I got her those, along with two Eos chapsticks. She loved her gift and texted me later, thanking me. 



Over the past month or so, I have learned more about myself and others than in the past few years of my life. I've learned that people despise asking for help. I had to figure out what they wanted or needed, because they would never come out and say it. I've learned there are eight sides to every person, similar to the Chinese proverb about eight sides to every story. Just because someone looks fine, doesn't mean they are fine. I've learned that I like helping people. Whether it is strangers or my friends, I enjoy helping others. 

Marist students love each other and help each other whenever possible. We guide each other along the right paths and encourage each other to do well. Through this experience, I learned to love strangers as my friends. Everyone is equal, therefore everyone should be loved equally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment